Pages

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

The Stockings Were Hung in My Studio With Care ... and Some Tips On Creating Your Own

The stockings were hung in my studio with care ... in hopes that my customers would soon be there ..... to see and enjoy what I love to create and share.  Ok, I may be an artist but a poet ... not so much:)  I loved making my stockings this year ----- 31 stockings, in fact.  Warning:  If you decide to get these thinlits dies, they can be very addictive.  Just sayin' ... You have been warned.  We had a wonderful, wonderful time at my class last night and they were delighted with all the stockings.  Enjoy today's post .... and then ... go create something beautiful!  But wait!  There's more!  Be sure to check out my tips if you plan on making some stockings.  There's even a link to a video to help you.
Now, talk about a photo challenge!  As you can see, they're everywhere!

A closer view:

My curly-headed baby:)
Helpful tips:
- Some people use Tear and Tape Adhesive for this project.
- Some people use Fast Fuse Adhesive.
- I think both work well.  I used my Fast Fuse, simply because it was out and handy.
- The funny little 'slot' thinlit piece can be used to give more dimension to the jingle bell.
- Some people used it to cut an opening for their ribbon.  I just punched a hole for it.
- I found that the heavier DSP and the regular DSP both worked worked well for this project.
- The only thinlit that I needed to cut using my Precision Plate was the snowflake.
- Click here to see the latest Stampin' Up! video on making these fun stockings.

The 'banner' hangs behind the bar where I do the bulk of my stamping and paper crafting.  It's so much nicer to work in a happy and inspiring work space.
UP NEXT:
November 18 -- Christmas Retreat
     10:00-3:00 / $45.00 / 18 Cards: 6 Designs - 3 Cards Each
     Fee includes materials, light lunch, and a ton of fun. 
NOTE:
We are having a TON of conflicts come up with this date.  I may have to go to 'kits only' for this class.  I'm thinking that there is NO 'good date' in November for a big Saturday class.  I will have to rethink this for next year.  I only have a few kits remaining, so sign up fast to reserve yours.  In your kit, I'll have everything you need to create your 18 cards.  If you sign up for just the kit, I'll adjust your class fee (to remove lunch expense for you).

December 11 -- Scraps and Prayers Class:
     5:30-7:30 / $15.00 / Christmas Cards and Tags

- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world.
- Come back often for more creative inspiration.
- Let's create something beautiful today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...