Pages

Friday, November 10, 2017

Let's Take a Closer Look at My Retreat Cards

I go through quite a process whenever I design cards that I'll use for a class or event.  I always want a variety in style and color, some pretty cards, some fun cards and cards that can be made within the time frame of the class ... without stress.  I want the class to be fun and relaxing and send people home with smiles on their faces - glad that they came.  Here's what I came up with for my Christmas Retreat.
The first 3 cards (above) are combing wonderful embossing folders, DSP, Stitched Felt pieces and shimmery snowflakes.
The Painted Harvest set is not just for Fall.  You can make a great wreath with it.  I daringly mixed plaid with stripes, when combining the plaid background and the striped ribbon.  I like it.
I love the bold black and white background of the card below.  The dies for the deer, greenery and 3  pines are wonderful.
I love the paper that looks like a starry sky.  I thought it was perfect for a winter scene.  I tried a circle, but the oval worked best.
We'll make 2 silver and 1 gold version of the design below.  There's a secret surprise that comes with this card, but only my Christmas Retreat guests will get to see it:)  I added a thin, black layer to this card and it really bumped up the 'wow' factor.  A black layer can add so much to a design.
I may show you a sneak peek at the totes I'm making for each class attendee.  They'll hold class kits and some cute little surprise gifts.  I still have to decide what we'll have for lunch that day.  My husband is pushing for Jimmy John's sandwiches and chips.  That's because he loves chips:)

A FUN REMINDER:
Those who attended the party (or ordered online) had the opportunity to earn the following ---
- Orders of $25. or more ...
  - a mini pizza box with surprises inside.
- Orders of $25. or more ...
  -a coupon for $10. off the fee for my Christmas Retreat.
- Orders of $50. or more ...
  - a mini pizza box with surprises inside.
  - a coupon for $10. off the fee for my Christmas Retreat.
  - a coupon for a free $15. class.
  - a token.
ALL WHO ORDERED ONLINE OR AT THE PARTY WILL RECEIVE A FUN COCOA PACKET GIFT IN WITH THEIR ORDER.
Like I said ... What a party!!! 

UP NEXT:
November Classes / Events:
November 13 -- Scraps and Prayers
     5:30-7:30 / $15.00 / Home Decor Project for Christmas
November 18 -- Christmas Retreat
     10:00-3:00 / $45.00 / 18 Cards: 6 Designs - 3 Cards Each
     Fee includes materials, light lunch, and a ton of fun. 

December 11 Scraps and Prayers Class:
     5:30-7:30 / $15.00 / Christmas Cards and Tags

- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world.
- Come back often for more creative inspiration.
- Let's create something beautiful today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...