Pages

Friday, October 6, 2017

Smooshing and Embossing Paste Card ,,, AND ... a Special Birthday Today!

I love creating original, one-of-a-kind backgrounds.  My three favorite methods are using Brusho (Pigmented Watercolor Crystals), using watercolors (or reinkers as watercolors) and smooshingSmooshing (I may have made up this word:) is done using several colors of ink, directly from the ink pad and lightly sponging on the inks, one at a time, to create a random design of colors.  For this card, I chose shades of blue, green and purple. 
Once I've finish the smooshing, I like to spritz the CS a bit, to add a super cool look to the background.  I use either Shimmery White CS or watercolor paper, depending on how much water I plan to add to my project.   
Once I was happy with my completed background, I let it dry and then added a bit of stenciling, using embossing paste, to create a brick effect.  I love how this one turned out.  This card is a perfect example of making it up as I go along --- my favorite kind of art. 
I added a layer of Basic Black CS behind my beautiful art piece.  This helps to make it really stand out.  I kept the card base white, to tie it all together.
I absolutely love this card.  I'd also love it if you left me a comment and let me know what you think about this card.
Before I go, I want to give a big birthday wish to my sweet little Joey.  He is a big TWO years old today and gives me such joy.

Remaining classes / events for 2017:
October Classes:
October 9 -- Scraps and Prayers
     5:30-7:30 / $15.00 / Home Decor Project on Canvas
October 21 -- Saturday Stampers
     1:00-4:00 / $20.00 / 5-6 Cards -Fall AND Christmas

November Classes / Events:
November 5 -- Open House Christmas Party / 2:00-5:00
November 13 -- Scraps and Prayers
     5:30-7:30 / $15.00 / Home Decor Project for Christmas
November 18 -- Christmas Retreat
     10:00-3:00 / $45.00 / 18 Cards: 6 Designs - 3 Cards Each
     Fee includes materials, light lunch, and a ton of fun. 

December 11 Scraps and Prayers Class:
     5:30-7:30 / $15.00 / Christmas Cards and Tags
This will be my only event for December.

- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world.
- Come back often for more creative inspiration.
- Let's create something beautiful today.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Dana. I'm so glad you like it. I hope you can come to a class soon. I know you'd have a great time.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...