Pages

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Bella's Step Card and Measurements for Making Your Own

It's not much fun when you've been on strong antibiotics for a while and your doctor checks your infected incision and says: "Oh geeze!"  I'm now on 2 super strong meds and get to go back again next week.  My world is full of doctor checks, lots of bloodwork, PT, meds and ice bags.  My sweet husband is all that's holding down the fort.  Toby Joe continues to stay constantly by my side.  Keep the prayers coming.  I've enjoyed all the cards sent, too.  If you'd like to send one, it would truly make my day ... hint, hint, hint:)
Now, let's think about something a lot more fun than infections.  Today's project --- a card using a darling puppy stamp, along with my favorite color story --- Dapper Denim and Lemon Lime Twist. 
After watercoloring the sky and the grassy background, I added some stamped grass over the watercoloring using the High Tide stamp set.
A peek inside my card.
Here's a close-up of my watercolored puppy.  I think he's so cute!  Love this stamp set!!!
It was fun to add the little strip with the sentiment on the lower section of my card.
I wanted this card to stand up on display for a while, so I added the 2 little strips inside to keep it from opening all the way and falling flat.  If you leave off the little 'support' strips, you can open your card and add text and/or a message inside.  Otherwise, you'll need to add this on the back of your card. 
Click here  ...
... to see the measurements I used for my card.  I searched the web for the size I wanted and what did I find ... my own daughter's blog! 
How fun is that?!!  After figuring out the measurements and all, I simply added CS and/or DSP to each section in 1/4" increments.  It's really pretty easy.
Schedule Change: No September Classes!
September classes are no longer on my schedule, due to fighting the infection of my incision.  I'll keep you updated on my progress and class schedules, so check this blog frequently. 

Tentative October Classes:
October 9 -- Scraps and Prayers
     5:30-7:30 / $15.00 / Fall Decor Project
October 21 -- Saturday Stampers
     1:00-4:00 / $20.00 / 5-6 Beautiful Christmas Cards

Click to see September/October Hostess Special:
- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world.
- Come back often for more creative inspiration.
- Check back soon to check for class updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...