Pages

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Overwhelming Thoughts / 'Beautiful You' Umbrella Walker

I am calling today's card my 'Beautiful You Umbrella Walker' and it has just the sentiment that I need for myself right now.  I've had so many medical issues come up lately, as arthritis continues to eat my body alive.  Usually, I can put it all to the back of my mind and play with puppies and grandkids or create in my studio, but this week my life was consumed with it all.  I had a medical type 'adventure' each and every day this entire last week.
Monday, we spent over $200. (of vacation money:( -on medical equipment that I'd need soon.  Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, I had doctors' appointments - 2 in Springfield and one in Decatur.  Friday, we had to go back to Springfield for a 2 hour class (which lasted 2 1/2 hours:( -on joint replacement.  I'm having surgery this month and again in December.  Both are pretty major and pretty much not fun.  In the meantime, no cortisone shots (to avoid risk of infections) so more pain.  I'm basically facing a very rough rest of 2017 and just cannot put into words how overwhelmed I feel.  I have no words!!! 
I do love my card and so let's focus on that today.  It has all my favorite elements --- Dapper Denim, Lemon Lime Twist (with paper piecing) and watercoloring.
Look closely in the photo below and you can see the punched piece peeking out.  Love it!
I love these colors together and, with the crisp white layer, they all just sing.
I found this photo on a new blog I discovered that I think I'm really going to like.  She likes to stamp and play with watercolors --- a kindred spirit!  Her blog is:
http://ramblingrosestudio.com/
August Classes:
August 14 -- Scraps and Prayers
     5:30-7:30 / $15.00 -- book box with cards project
Class registration is closed.  Class is full.
We'll be making this book box, along with the 3 cards below.
- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world.
- Come back often for more creative inspiration.
- Check back soon to check for class updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...