Pages

Monday, July 17, 2017

A 'Crafting Forever' Cute Little Sign for my Studio

I had this cute little sign back in my storage room for a while and had used it with products from our previous Annual Catalog.  I painted it to go with my updated decor in my studio.  I thought it could use a display update since the previous products I had on display in it had retired.  Our Crafting Forever stamp set was the perfect choice to use for this project.  This involved a lot of fussy cutting, but I think it was worth it.  Enjoy! 
My little sign has a pot of paint brushes, a cute little 3-D hanging sign, a colorful pen and 3 old fashioned clothespins (love!) wrapped with Baker's Twine.  The vintage clothespins and pot of paint brushes are totally me and the old fashioned pen reminds me of my daddy.  He loved this style pen and I used to spend many hours watching (and later helping) him fill the pens from various jars of ink.  He had blue, black, red and even green inks.  He also had a variety of rubber stamps --- the old kind with handles.  Hmmmmm ... that's a lot of 'genes' I inherited:)
I watercolored the images, using inks and my Aqua Painter.  The background paper (gorgeous Lemon Lime Twist!!!) is from our Eastern Elegance DSP (from our Eastern Palace Suite).  It's so much fun to create something like this that you can enjoy in your work space.  I hope you'll try creating something fun to enjoy in your space.  It puts a smile on your face and gets your creative juices flowing.
August Classes:
August 14 -- Scraps and Prayers
     5:30-7:30 / $15.00 -- a fabulous book box with cards project

THERE WILL BE NO SATURDAY STAMPERS CLASS IN AUGUST, DUE TO MY SURGERY.  CHECK BACK FOR SEPTEMBER DATES AND CLASSES. 
  

- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world.
- Come back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...