Pages

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

There's just something about flower shopping ... and ... yes, more daisies!

A couple of days ago, my husband and I buckled up the baby in his car seat and went flower shopping ... one of my favorite activities of the year.  We figured out early on that we'd need both our cars - one for the baby and the stroller and one for hauling the plants home.  So, off we went.

There's just something about flower shopping.  Everyone you pass is smiling.  It's fun and it just makes everyone happy to walk among the rows of gorgeous flowers.  You see all sizes, all colors (people and flowers:) and I adore them all.  Joey loved flower shopping, too.  He was fascinated by a giant plant that had leaves so large that one of them just towered over him.  I taught him to 'touch' using one finger and let him touch this huge leaf.  He just smiled and smiled.

Every year, I promise myself that I'll stick with my mental list and not get sidetracked by too many other plants that are new to me and may not even grow where I plan to place mine.  That works pretty well ... for a while.  This year was actually my best at staying the course.  I only got one plant not on my list and that was a plant for my new pot on my porch.  I call that success.

I am a container gardener ... due to poor knees and bad back.  We got the large pots planted in the afternoon, while Joey played on the deck.  I placed the other various sized pots then and we'll plant those next.

So, for today's daisy business ... a cute little vintage creamer of daisies.  This was my favorite, too.


If you hadn't been thinking about the new catalog, I'll bet your are now!  You won't have long to wait. 
SECRET MESSAGE:
If you live in the area, you can stop by and pick up your copy of our new catalog.  Call first so we don't disturb the baby's nap, please.

AND MORE CREATIVE FUN ... UP NEXT: 
May 20 / Saturday Stampers / Eastern Palace Suite Projects / 3 cards + a layout / 1:00-4:00 / $20.00 
REGISTRATION CLOSED.

June Events:
June 12 / Scraps and Prayers / All Occasions Cards / 5:30-7:30 / $15.00 / Make some beautiful cards to add to your stash to send to special friends and/or family.

June 17 / Saturday Stampers /  Mixed Media Patriotic Project / 1:00-4:00 / $20.00 
REGISTRATION CLOSED.

June 22 / EARLY BIRD GARAGE SALE / 5:30-6:30
June 23 + 24 / GARAGE SALE / 8:00-5:00

June 25 / Open House New Catalog Party / 2:00-5:00


- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world.
- Come back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...