Pages

Monday, May 8, 2017

My Grandmother's Crock, Some Succulents, and A Few Tips

I've had my grandmother's crock bowl for years and years.  She died when I was only 5, but I still have a few memories of her.  She was kind and loving and very soft spoken - just like my mother.  She was a fabulous cook, as was my mother.  She had neat things to look at in her home and I loved to just wander and look at them.  I remember her holding me in her arms and rocking me while she hummed softly and I remember looking up at her beautiful snow white hair.  I loved her dearly and treasure the keepsakes I have of hers.  This crock bowl is one of my keepsakes.  I've used it for many things throughout the years.  First to hold vintage cookie cutters (mostly from my mother and my grandmother), then to hold Baker's Twine (wrapped around old style clothespins) in my studio.  I kept walking by it thinking what a neat container it would make for a succulent arrangement.  I emptied out the twine and moved it to another container and started in on my project.
PLEASE NOTE:
For a project like this, DO NOT attach it to your special container.  That way, no harm is done and, if you change your mind again, you can go back to using your keepsake in a new way.
Here's my project:

Here you cn see the little chunks of branches I added to my arrangement.  The succulents are hot glued to these wood pieces.  Everything is just sitting in the bowl and can be changed out in a manner of seconds.
A few tips:
1.  Die cut 2 each of all but the smallest pieces.  Cut 1 of each of those.
2.  After die cutting the pieces for the succulents, start sponging.
3.  Sponge front and back of each piece ---
     Old Olive --- sponge all the petals (top and bottom).
     Crumb Cake --- sponge over the Old Olive ink.  It adds more depth and texture.
     Rich Razzleberry --- sponge just the tips of each petal.
4.  Curl all the petals, using a bone folder.
     I curled the bottom 2 layers down and all the others up.
5.  Add your succulents to your arrangement and enjoy!
AND MORE CREATIVE FUN ... UP NEXT: 
May Events:
May 8 / Scraps and Prayers / Plant Decor Project / 5:30-7:30 / $15.00 / Prepare for some super fun!

May 20 / Saturday Stampers / Eastern Palace Suite Projects / 3 cards + a layout / 1:00-4:00 / $20.00 / THIS IS ALL NEW -- NEW PRODUCTS / NEW PROJECTS / SUPER FUN!!!

June Events:
June 12 / Scraps and Prayers / All Occasions Cards / 5:30-7:30 / $15.00 / Make some beautiful cards to add to your stash to send to special friends and/or family.

June 17 / Saturday Stampers /  Mixed Media Patriotic Project / 1:00-4:00 / $20.00 / Make a project that you can use every year as a part of your decor.

June 22 / EARLY BIRD GARAGE SALE / 5:30-6:30
June 23 + 24 / GARAGE SALE / 8:00-5:00

June 25 / Open House New Catalog Party / 2:00-5:00


- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world.
- Come back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...