Pages

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Stencils, Masks, Spritzing, Daubing and More ... It's All Fun!

I have a card to share with you today where I used my Brusho Crystal Colour and a stencil for some creative fun.  There are many ways you can use stencils/masks in your projects.  Gee, if you'd like to learn more about some of these fun techniques, I just happen to be having a class on Saturday, March 18 and I'd love to have you come and join us.  We'll be using stencils creatively.
For this card, I covered my watercolor paper with an old Stampin' Up! (retired) stencil.  Then I sprinkled 3 of my Brusho Crystal Colour powders over the areas where I wanted to add the design.  (You only need a teeny tiny bit of the powders.)  Then I lightly misted over it with a fine misting bottle.
After removing the stencil, I let it air dry.  I then took another piece of watercolor paper and just added powders and water mist, until I got a nice effect.  I let this one air dry, too.  When it was completely dry, I punched out the butterflies, using 2 sizes of punches.  I punched 2 extra of the larger butterflies --- one for the inside of the card and one for the envelope. 
Adding the black layers behind the stenciled piece and behind the butterflies really makes the colors pop.  Please note --- This is not really intended to be a perfect design.  It's just to give a fun, random effect of adding colors to your project... more of an abstract art style.  It is super fun, too!  Once the butterflies were punched out, I added shimmer mist to them to give them a beautiful shimmer.  Love it!!! 
In my next post, I'll be sharing some hexagons in bright blues and greens.  See you then!

My next classes and events:
Monday, March 13 --- 
Scraps and Prayers / 5:30-7:30 / Beautiful Spring cards / $15.00 / Pay to register at least 2 days prior to the class.  See sneak peeks on left side here.
Saturday, March 18 -- 
Saturday Stampers / 1:00-4:00 / Using stencils creatively (on cards) / $20. / Pay to register at least 2 days prior to the class. 
See sneak peeks on left side here.
Sunday, March 26 -- 
Spring Open House Party / 2:00-5:00 / a 'no fee' event / RSVP by March 24 and I'll have a special gift just waiting for you.  Come and join us for an afternoon of creative fun! 

Special Reminders:
As always, you must pay to register at least 2 days prior to each class.  If you are using a coupon, you still need to register at least 2 days prior to the class and present the coupon at that time.  I need it for tax records, please.
See the left side of my blog for sneak peeks on upcoming classes and events.  Class schedules and descriptions can be found by clicking on 'my classes' at the top of my blog.

- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top to see my class schedules. 
- Look on the left for sneak peeks and registration policies. 
- Please sign up to follow my blog and/or leave a comment. 
- Come  back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...