Pages

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Sometimes Simple is Just Simply Beautiful

This was one of the top favorites from my recent Saturday Stampers class where we worked on cards that used stencils creatively.  I just love how it turned out.
The stencil I used is actually not a stencil at all.  It is a framelit with 3 little square openings along the side (or the top, if used that way).  It actually had another opening that was a long rectangle, but I only needed the 3 squares.  I've had it a long time, so I'm not sure of the source.
I sponged slightly darker at one corner of the square and then used a lighter touch to complete filling in the square.  Notice that I chose a different corner of the square to be the darker portion for each of the 3 squares.  It just makes it more artistic.
I used Island Indigo ink for the sponging and the text.  After making sure the sponged ink was completely dry (heat set) I embossed a dragonfly over each square.  This would make a good sympathy, birthday or thinking of you card, just by changing the text.
Don't forget:  Sunday, March 26 -- 
Spring Open House Party / 2:00-5:00 / a 'no fee' event ' / RSVP by March 24 and I'll have a special gift waiting for you.  Come and join us for an afternoon of creative fun! 
ALSO:
Be sure to look over on the left side of my blog for sneak peeks at the projects for my April classes!!!

- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world.
- Come  back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...