Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Faux Watercolor in Rich Razzleberry with Tutorial

Rich Razzleberry is another color that I forget to use more often.  It truly is beautiful.  Looking back at a couple of posts, I realize that I've unconsciously put forth an effort to use more of a variety of colors.  We can't have any colors feeling left out.  Right?  Today's card is done with a Faux Watercolor Technique.  I love how it turned out. 
I've seen several versions and varieties of this technique and decided that this leaf stamp would lend itself very nicely to this technique.
Here's how you do it:
- Cut a strip of watercolor paper to use for your card.
- Stamp a leaf image using Rich Razzleberry ink.
- Immediately color in the leaf using an Aqua Painter.
- Continue stamping, one leaf at a time, and coloring it in.
- Stamp off for a few of the leaves, to create a lighter image.
- Color in the leaf after stamping off, as well.
- Stamp a few 'speckles' (Gorgeous Grunge) with VersaMark ink.
- Emboss the speckles in gold.
- Add a text and emboss it in gold, as well.
Want even more sparkle?
- Try coloring in a few of the leaves with Clear Wink of Stella 
Why do you need to color each leaf immediately after stamping it? 
If you stamped all the leaves before coloring, they would dry before you could 'spread' the ink with your Aqua Painter.  You would lose the effect of them being watercolored. 

I could have added other embellishments but, when I tried them on the card, I decided I liked this one just clean and simple.
Tip:
Be sure your Aqua Painter is not too wet or you'll have a real watercolor mess instead of a faux watercolor:)
Can you think of other color stories and/or other stamps that would work well for this technique?  If you come up with some, be sure to share.  

- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top to see my class schedules. 
- Look on the left for sneak peeks and registration policies. 
- Please sign up to follow my blog and/or leave a comment. 
- Come  back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...