Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Ahead or Behind ... And A Copper Watercolor Card

It seems that in my previous post I promised to share something that I'd already shared with you.  I don't know if that means that I got ahead of myself or behind myself:)  Anyway, to learn more about the technique I shared with you then, check these 2 sources --
http://nannastamps.blogspot.com/2016/11/gold-butterfly-fall-card.html

http://nannastamps.blogspot.com/2015/09/acrylic-block-technique-cards-part-10.html 

Now, let's go on to something new and fun.  This is a technique I came up with by just playing around with my watercolor paper.
I masked off a strip of my card front and added fall colors, then removed the tape and deliberately spritzed with water to get it to move into the white areas a bit.  Then, I added more stamped leaves, spritzed and blended them a tiny bit and then topped it off with some copper foil die cuts.  I was going for a look of Fall leaves swirling in the wind.
For a final touch, I spritzed a bit of shimmer mist over it all.  I love it!!!  I think you can actually see the shimmer in my photo below!
This is my most favorite kind of work ... creative play with different ideas.  You never know what might come out of it.  To me, art is playing with colors in a way that comes from your very soul.  It makes me so happy.
PLEASE NOTE:  
If you have a coupon from Toby Joe for $10. off an upcoming class, you may use it for $10. off the card kits shown below.  Be sure whenever you use a coupon that you have it with you.  I need these for tax records.

Special Reminders:

Christmas Card Kits for sale!
===============================================================
- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top to see my class schedules. 
- Look on the left for sneak peeks and registration policies. 
- Please sign up to follow my blog and/or leave a comment. 
- Come  back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...