Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2016

The World's Most Beautiful Butterfly

In honor of World Card Making Day, I'm sharing one of my most favorite cards ever.  I think it's the world's most beautiful butterfly.
I cut the heart (Bloomin' Hearts Thinlits Dies) from watercolor paper, sponged it with Fall colors, spritzed with water to activate the colors, and then placed the butterfly die over it and cut again.  I attached it to a copper foil butterfly and then spritzed them both ... a lot:)
Click here to see a tutorial on creating this type of butterfly.
I just love this butterfly!  The background on the card base is sponged and then spritzed with shimmer mist.  The circle (watercolor paper) behind the butterfly does not have shimmer on it, so it acts as a bridge between the shimmer background and the shimmery butterfly.  This creates more interest and texture than if you'd added shimmer to everything.
This is truly one of my favorites!
Don't forget these upcoming events:
October 1 is World Card Making Day.




- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top to see my class schedules. 
- Look on the left for sneak peeks and registration policies. 
- Please sign up to follow my blog and/or leave a comment. 
- Come  back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...