Pages

Monday, July 11, 2016

Mixed Media Artist Canvas

I have found a new love ... mixed media art.  I've shared several of my projects recently and today I have another one.  I love working with mixed media.  We are making this one at my Saturday Stampers class this Saturday.  (July 16)  I still have openings if you'd like to join us. 
I love my little bird!
This mixed media project involves a layer of Tim Holtz tissue wrap paper over an artist canvas.  I painted it with Gesso before adding the paper.  Once it dries, it's a matter of adding layers and layers of inks, then adding stamped or die cut 3-D items, as well as random stamping over the canvas.
There is no right or wrong to this kind of project.  Each one will have a completely different look to it.  That's part of the fun.
To me, working with mixed media is fun, an opportunity to relax and let your creativity take off on its own and, if you don't like the results, you can keep going until you do.
I still have several spots available and I really hope you'll join us.  Come have some creative fun with friends!!!
- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top to see my class schedules. 
- Look on the left for sneak peeks and registration policies. 
- Please sign up to follow my blog and/or leave a comment. 
- Come  back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...