Pages

Monday, June 6, 2016

It's All About The Color ... And Ribbons, Ribbons, Ribbons

For me, working with most any art project begins with choosing and playing with my color story for the project.  I LOVE playing with color.  After I've chosen the color story, I begin working on my design, choosing stamps, choosing color mediums --- watercoloring, embossing, using markers...
The possibilities are pretty much endless.  Yes, I often change out some of my plans as I get into the creative process, but that's part of the fun.  The colors and the design begin to drive the project.  As I go along, I decide what embellishments I may need to use to finish out my project.  For today's project, it's ribbons, ribbons, ribbons.
Today, I have a happy little banner that I made to hang in my studio.  I didn't have to do much planning with the colors because I wanted to use ALL the new In Colors.
My banner hangs where I do all my stamping and paper crafting, so it's a constant reminder of how much I love being an artist.
As new stampin' goodies arrive now, I am constantly inspired by what I chose from the new catalog.  It's a great time for creating!
 
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or look on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...