Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Vintage Frame Project

My husband gave me a beautiful vintage looking frame for our anniversary this year and I promised to share with you how I used it.  Today, we'll look at that, along with some reminders about next Saturday's OSW class.  Here's my framed project.
Isn't this a pretty frame?  I just love it.  Unfortunately, it's one of those frames that doesn't open up completely in the back, so you can't put the glass in the back and create something really dimensional over it.  So, I just stepped up to the challenge and used some of our beautiful DSP and stamped onto the DSP.  I cut out some extra flowers from another DSP sheet of the same design and attached them over my first piece, so it has some dimension contained within the frame.  The butterfly was stamped, cut out, and attached to the DSP, as well.
I think the frame and the DSP compliment each other.  I love how it turned out.  I can always open it up, remove the decorated DSP and create a new setting to go into the frame, or use it for a vintage photo.  Actually, it now has the same paper, minus the butterfly, and I added some of our Vintage Leaves onto the outside of the frame.  They are gently attached with glue dots, so nothing will be damaged and I can change it again whenever I want.  I think I can envision a vintage Christmas project next:)
Before you go, don't forget that my OSW (One Sheet Wonder) cards class is this coming Saturday (Sept. 19th / 1:00-4:00).  I'll teach you how to create your own background papers, teach you how to create your own templates and give you many tips on how to get the biggest bang for your buck from your CS and beautiful DSP sheets.  You'll go home with 5 beautiful cards, along with several templates and lots of ideas.  It's well worth the class fee of $20.  I hope, if you live in the area, that you'll join us.  If not, I'll be sharing more throughout this next week on working with OSW projects, so be sure to come back and check it out.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or look on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...