Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

OSW Tutorial Series, Part 6

I have one more OSW card for you today and it's a Fall card.  Right now, it's that crazy time of the crafting year when you switch back and forth between seasons and holidays and it's all just plain fun.
I got to thinking that, especially with Christmas card-making time fast approaching, let's get even more bang for our buck and cut a 12 X 12" sheet of DSP into 1" strips.  Now, you can use them for 24 cards!  That's a big deal when you're making a bunch for Christmas.  You'll also have 12 (1") squares left over.  These can come in handy for cute little accents on other cards or for scrapbook pages.
This card has a top layer that is embossed and then gently sponged in random places to highlight the 'brick' wall look from the embossing.  I attached this layer with dimensionals.
The leaves are heat embossed with Gold EP and then cut with our framelits.  I added a sprig of linen thread to tie it all together.  This card is a good example of how a 1" strip can work nicely to highlight a card design.  You wouldn't want a larger strip because it would fight with the leaves and it would cover up too much of the embossed layer beneath it.  I really like how this one turned out.
For more ideas... 
          click here to check out my Pinterest board.

I hope you enjoyed my little Tutorial Series.  By now, you should be totally inspired to make some OSW cards of your own. 

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or look on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...