Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2015

OSW Tutorial Series, Part 3

Are your ready for Part 3?  I really excited to share today's card with you.  I think you'll love it as much as I do.  It's even prettier in real life because it has a Champagne Shimmer Mist spritz over it.   
The OSW design for this one just takes it down another 1/4" inch from the design in my previous post.  As you can see, we started with our largest size in my first post, then went down 1/4" for the second post and now, we're down yet another 1/4" inch.  My thinking on doing this was to leave more of the card base color showing behind the top layers, as the mat behind the top layer is still just 1/4" larger than this top layer.  This design works well when you want to really pull a strong color from your top background layer.
Tips:
Play around with different colors for your card base.
You'll know it when you see it as to which one works the best.
Choose only colors that are in your sponged layer.
You'll start by stamping all your leaves.  (I used Soft Suede to stamp all my leaves.)  After you let them dry a bit, choose several complimentary colors and randomly sponge directly over all the leaves.  Do these steps before you cut.  Let them dry a bit and then you can cut, using my diagram as a guide.  You'll have slightly larger scraps this time, so try to plan a clever way to use those.  Remember, you can always use scraps on smaller cards, note cards, gift card enclosures and even tags, so they won't go to waste.
Tips:
It's best to add the shimmer spritzing to the card top layer after cutting... one piece at a time.
You can control the spritzing better this way and it's not as messy.
Isn't it pretty?  I just love it.  I wish you could see the shimmer!
In the photo below, you can see a bit of the shimmer, but not the sparkle.  The top two cut leaves are embossed with Gold EP and the bottom leaf is cut from a Gold Foil Sheet.  Notice that I've used linen thread in two ways on this card.  First, I wrapped it around the top 2 layers of the card.  Second, I tied a double strand of thread around the stems.
I chose not to add a text to the front of the card, so I could have it ready for most any occasion for the Fall season.  Who wouldn't love to get a pretty card like this one?  I think this one is a WOW for a male or female recipient.  
I have several more parts to this series, so keep coming back to see what's next.  Leave me a comment if you have questions or suggestions. 

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or look on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...