Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Goodbye and Thank You to Bill Cogan

I chose not to post a card or project today.  I am a bit sad today because one of my favorite people passed away Tuesday.  Throughout a person's life, one is influenced by many people who help to mold and shape their own lives.  They help to make us a better person.

Fortunately for me, one of those people was William Cogan.  Bill was our down the street neighbor for many years and he was my husband's principal for many years.  He was a super teacher, principal and leader and a great friend.  Many times, he would walk by our home when I was in the yard and we'd talk about school, kids, education, and many such topics.  You could tell how much he loved the children and that meant so much to me, as a mother, parent and educator.

I don't think I have the words to properly express how highly I thought of him.  Bill led a great life, had lots of fun and made Decatur a better place for kids... and for us all.  I'm so proud to have known him and been influenced by him.  Thank you, Bill.  We'll miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...