Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Wild About Flowers, Card 2

As promised, I have another card for you using our Wild About Flowers stamp set.  This one was inspired by my love of 3 little stamped circles.  In the past, I've made a lot of cards that have this design and it was fun to get back to doing one again. 
When I've made this style of card in the past, I've always used punches.  To fit the stamped flowers for this card, I had to use my Circles Collection Framelits, to get the right size circle that I wanted.  I added an extra layer to the front of the card, attached with dimensionals, just to add more interest.
You can barely see it, but I scored several lines, running directly across the card front (under the circles), for added texture.  The text is from my Tin of Cards stamps.  I added some linen thread for the finishing touch.  I even had ends long enough to tie into a cute little bow.  I love how this card turned out.  It's really quite simple, but the added touches really step it up.  Once again, to show how the stamping world sometimes thinks a lot alike (guided by stamp images), I later found that Dawn Olchefske created a very similar card.  Love it!
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or look on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...