Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Silhouette Style Stamps and A Sneak Peek

I love creating beautiful backgrounds.  Today, I have a new card for you, along with a couple of old favorites, to revisit some techniques.  The new card is one we'll be making at my Saturday card class on August 15.  The class is full of unique cards, each with something special about it!
After making this, I noticed that several other designers have made very similar cards.  Was I copying?  Not really.  It's just that this is a very good stamp to grab when you want a good silhouette stamp.
This card and the page from my technique book use the same technique but with only 2 colors.
For my new card, I wanted to try using 3 colors.  You color onto an acrylic block and then spritz the block before stamping.  It's a really quick and easy card to make and yet the end result is gorgeous.   I used Shimmery White CS because it's better at taking on a little water.  My marker colors are Pool Party, Marina Mist and Night of Navy.  I let it dry completely before stamping the silhouette stamp.
Here's one more old favorite with this same stamp.  For this one, I lightly watercolored in the background, using my Aqua Painter.
One thing I did on my new card was to use 2 separate layers for the focal piece, as well as attaching them with dimensionals.  This really steps up the card.
If you live in the area, I hope you can come and join us this coming Saturday.  It's going to be a super fun class.  At the end of each of my card classes, I always ask them to tell me their favorite.  This will certainly get some votes.  I love it.
Are you looking forward to our new Holiday Catalog?  It will be here soon and you're going to love it!
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or look on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...