Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Awesomely Artistic Easel Card

I've been playing with some unique designs and techniques for our card class this Saturday.  I thought the Awesomely Artistic set would work great for an easel card project.  I really like how it turned out.
I think this stamp set was made with me in mind.  I just love it.  I embossed lots of ferns and the big floral piece with White EP.  The 'friend' is embossed with Gold EP, along with the dragonfly and round button/medallion piece.  
I added Pear pizzazz CS layers to the top and to the bottom piece of the card.  Because of the unique fold on this card, I decided to try using our new Whisper White Thick CS.  I love it!
I added an extra pair of wings to my dragonfly.  The fussy cutting work only involved an extra set of wings.  The other gold piece was punched out with a circle punch.  I added extra 'speckles' in the background, using Pear Pizzazz (stamped off some) and Gold ink.  The final touch is to sponge lightly over the lower parts of the card and gradually get lighter and lighter as it fades away at the top of the card.  
If you live in the area, I hope you can join us for the class this Saturday and I can show you how fun and easy it really is to make an easel card.  I have just one remaining opening.  

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or look on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...