Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

Acrylic Block Technique Cards, Part 2

For today's card, I got out the stamp set that has had the longest run of all our Stampin' Up! sets --- Lovely As A Tree.  It's easy to see why it's been loved by so many for so long.  It's a gorgeous set.  I especially love the pine tree stamp and that's what I used today.  I loved how this one turned out.  
I used blues and greens for my Acrylic Block Technique.  The card base and the ink on the trees on the inside of the card and the envelope are all Mossy Meadow.  The ink on the tree (and text) on the card front is our new Archival Black.  I love it!  It creates a nice, strong image, which is just what you want when you're using a black.
By adding a layer of black under the white card front, it makes it all come together and really brings out the beautiful tree image.  If you haven't tried this technique yet, what are you waiting for?  Get going and enjoy!
Come back for more Acrylic Block Technique cards.  

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or look on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. Very very lovely! Love doing this technique so I may have to try your card idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ronda. This was truly one of my favorites. I hope you really will try this card. You'll have a lot of fun doing it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...