Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Acrylic Block Technique Cards, Part 1

Today, I'm starting a little series on cards I've made using the Acrylic Block Technique.  This technique involves literally scribbling onto an acrylic block with 2 or more colors of Stampin' Write Markers, spritzing it 2 or 3 times with water, and then stamping it onto CS, to create a beautiful background.  I use Shimmery White CS for mine because it takes a little water nicely and it's just plain gorgeous with it's subtle shimmer.  
I tried using a larger block on this card.  It's our E block.  (I usually use our D block.)  I stamped the sea fan in Pear Pizzazz, after letting the background dry, and then stamped it again with VersaMark Ink and embossed it with silver EP.
I added a silver embossed sea shell to the bottom of the card.
I used a combination of blues and a bit of green for my background and then used Marina Mist and Pear Pizzazz for my card.  I think it turned out pretty nicely.  I love the blues and greens together.  The super fun thing about this technique is that it turns out differently every time.  It's like a fun surprise!
Come back for more Acrylic Block Technique cards.  

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or look on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...