Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Vintage Crumb Cake and Blossoms Card

Today's card is in beautiful neutrals for a color story... Crumb Cake and Soft Suede, with an added pop of Marina Mist.  I've paired Flower Shop with Kinda Eclectic for a vintage look.  
Of course, I had to use a little Gorgeous Grunge, too.  That's a stamp set that I don't even bother to put away any more because I use it most every day.
 
You'll notice that I have stamped the blossoms in Marina Mist and then sponged them in Crumb Cake.  It makes a nice pop of blue against the neutral background.
Tip for easy linen thread loops:
- Wrap linen thread around 2 fingers 3 times.
- Then wrap linen thread around 3 fingers 3 times.
- Cut and tie ends.
The leaves are stamped on the inside of the card as well as a coordinating Crumb Cake envelope.  Because you use punches for the flowers and the butterflies, it's a pretty quick card to make.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...