Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Corner Garden For a Bright and Cheerful Card

We've had a lot of rain here lately and I thought we could use something especially bright and cheerful today.  I have to confess that I was really glad that our Corner Garden stamp set didn't retire with the end of our last catalog... because I hadn't used mine yet.  It is beautiful and I am sad to say that mine sat lonely for many months. 
I dusted it off recently and got to work with it.  I embossed with black EP, to make the coloring even easier.  It is not difficult to color, but takes some time.  I love to color and find it very relaxing.
For this card, it's easier to color if you have a handy reference.  Use my card as your reference as you color.  You can change any of the colors that you'd like to change, but it will help you keep the images straight in your head.  Take your time and do one color at a time, coloring all the images with that color before moving on to a new color.  I used my Aqua Painter and inks in the lid of my ink pads to watercolor all my images.
In my next post, I'll show you a card version of this stamp without all the coloring, so be sure to come back to check it out.
How's this for a day brightener?

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...