Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Tutorial for Floral Framelits Shape Card

In response to requests about my previously posted card, I have a little tutorial today to help you.  I hope you'll like reading it and then go create one of your own.  Enjoy!  Here's the card:
Here's how you cut the shaped card base.  Start with a folded piece of CS, just like you were going to make a top-fold card.  Hang 2 of the petals partly off the folded edge.  Cut another (single) piece of CS in the same floral shape.  Set this one aside for now.
Here's a close-up so you can better see how to do the folded edge.  
Here's how it looks after you've run it through the Big Shot and cut it.
Now, you have a top-fold card in a floral shape.
Here's how it looks when you open it.
You could leave it like this, but I chose to take the single piece of CS that I cut and attach it over the folded card, so I would have complete petals on the entire card front.  I then cut the other layers, stamped and sponged them, and attached them with dimensionals.  I then added an Antique Brad.  I attached these 3 layers to the large card base with more dimensionals.  When we made this card in class, everyone loved it and was surprised at how easy it is to make it.  OK now; your turn to go make one:) 

Before you begin working on yours, click here to see all of my previous post for this card again.
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blog world. 
- Click on the tab at the top to see my class schedules.
- See sneak peeks and class registration policies on the left. 
- Come back soon for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...