Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Would you like some eggs with that? Metallic eggs, that is...

Eggs aren't just for eating and they aren't just for Easter.  I've made some for my Spring decor that I like so much, I just may leave them out for a long, long time.  It's so much fun to make something that you can enjoy in your own home.  It helps make your house a home.  Here are some very fancy eggs I made that have a beautiful vintage look to them.
All the Metallic paints and the Metallic Glaze are by Elegant Finish.  They come in a 10 oz. jar and I think they'll last me for about 80 years.  They are wonderful to work with and go on really nicely.  Of course, it's a super messy project because... well... they're eggs... and there's no flat surface to lay them down carefully in between coats.  I put 2-3 coats on each egg.
After all the paints and glazes were dry, I added Prima flowers, using a hot glue gun, except for the silver egg.  I added Mica flakes to that one, while the paint was still wet.  I don't know if I'd do that one again, because it was really messy, but I love how it turned out in the end.   I added a butterfly to the silver egg for a finishing touch.
A nice thing about changing seasonal decor is the thrill of opening a storage box from a previous year and thinking:  "Oh yes!  I made that last year and can't wait to put it out to enjoy again." 
Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world.  Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...