Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Tips for Stamping with the Lotus Blossom

I hope today's post will help you if you're working with the Lotus Blossom stamp set.  It's not difficult.  These are just some little tips to help you enjoy it even more.  I used a lot of lotus blossoms for this layout, so you know it couldn't be too difficult to create them.

My tips:
Stamp several at once.  This will help you decide what colors work best for a specific project.  Also, don't start your stamping too close to the lower edge of your CS, or you won't have room for your other pieces of your blossom.
The last blossom in the photo above is what I ended up choosing for my layout.  I saved my darker pieces (in photo below) because they will be fine for a different project ... one that already has more white in the background.  I'll share that project at another time:)
One more tip:
Be sure your stamp is totally clean.  Any lint at all will effect how you ink up your stamp and it will ruin your stamped image, as in the image below.
Here's the stamp set.  This is one of the FREE choices for $50. orders during our Sale-A-Bration!  This one comes only in photopolymer and I think that's a good thing because it makes it so much easier to see your placement when you're stamping.
If you were working on a project with an entirely different color story, you would need to experiment with different colors.  You'll know what works best for your project when you see it all together.  Play around with it and have some fun.  I think this is a beautiful stamp set.

- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world.
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...