Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Old World Elegance

Today's card is really unique and I love it.  I created it using techniques that I kind of made up as I went along with.  That's the fun of being an artist.  You make your own rules and dance to your own music.  This card started out with my Watercoloring Technique for the background.  I then stamped our World Map background stamp over it and embossed it in gold.
I added gold ink to the envelope edges and around the edges of the inside of the card, using the 'Direct to Paper' method and then embossed them with gold EP.  Very cool!  My goal was to achieve a rustic, old world look.  I love how it all turned out.
I opted to go with no sentiment at all on the card front.  This card is intended for writing a personal note to a special someone.  I didn't feel like it needed any words just yet.  The card front is mounted onto a layer of gold foil and then attached to the black card base.  It's even prettier in real life.  Some of the most gorgeous elements are the most difficult to photograph.
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world.
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...