Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

My Cool Watercolor Technique Tutorial

Grab some watercolor papers and get ready to have a blast because, as promised, here is my super cool and super fun watercolor technique tutorial.  Just follow the pictorial tutorial and you can try this on your own.  Have fun with it!
Cut a couple of circles from your watercolor paper.  I used the next to the largest circle in our Circle Collection Framelits.  (The largest one has scalloped edges.)
You'll need a water spritzer.  You can use one of our Stampin' Up! Spritzers.  I usually use a larger one, so we don't have to refill it during a class.  Choose several colors of reinkers.  I used the color story from our Painted Blooms DSP and pulled out these colors:
Soft Sky
Blushing Bride
Blackberry Bliss
Daffodil Delight
Rose Red
Thoroughly spritz ONE of your circles with water.  Start gently dropping on the reinkers --- about 3 spots at a time with each color.
Continue adding color.
The colors will start to blend and move on their own.  This is where it gets really fun.
Be careful to not get too many colors blending to the point that they become mud.  This just takes practice and experimentation.
Watch your colors move and add more spritzes of water as needed.
Careful here.  It's really messy.  I could have used a bit less of the Blackberry Bliss... maybe.
Turn your second (dry) circle over on top of the wet one and press.  Careful!  This gets really messy.
Gently pull them apart ... and wow!  So pretty!  (You can blot with a paper towel as needed.)
Now, decide how you will use your circles.  If you remember, I used this technique for a couple of layouts.


I'm thinking this would be a cool technique to do for a Fall layout and have a circle become a Harvest Moon.
I've been playing with this technique in new ways lately, so be sure to keep coming back and see what I do with them next.  If you like the idea of trying something like this, be sure to stock up on some of our watercolor papers.  You'll need them because this is a bit addictive.

- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world.
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...