Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

More Details About my Butterflies Mixed Media Art Canvas

As promised in my last post, here are more details about my Butterflies canvas.  Again, I must say how much I enjoyed creating this project.
I've used several of our antique brads and metal buttons.  I snipped the prongs off the backs of the brads and hot glued them to the canvas.
I stacked one antique brad on top of a metal button.  After hot gluing it into place, I burnished it a bit with inks.
The pretty little shiny flakes that you see are bits of beautiful mica.  The smallest butterfly has pearls down the center.  I burnished them with inks, to give a more vintage look to them.
I've covered the canvas with bits of torn papers, lace, lots of layers of paints and inks and even did some stamping in random places.
There are 2 butterflies embedded in the canvas and then 2 are attached by just the middle, so their wings are very dimensional.  All the butterflies are die cut from our Brushed Gold CS, so they're quite sturdy.
All in all, a super fun .. and actually easy ... project.
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world.
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...