Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Crushed Curry Thank You

This beautiful card has a lot going on with it and it's all pretty, including a bit of water coloring.  I have painted the flowers with an Aqua Painter and I've added some water coloring to the Thank You tag, as well.  The most gorgeous thing of all about it is almost impossible to catch in a photo.  The top layer is covered with a gorgeous shimmer.
I stamped the flowers onto water color paper and embossed them with Gold EP.  I then painted them with an Aqua Painter, dipping it directly into puddles of ink right in the lids of the ink pads.  I used Crushed Curry and Calypso Coral inks for this.  This is my all-time favorite way to color images.  You can do a lot with shading, it's quick and super easy, and you use the inks you already have on hand.  You don't have to do it strictly on water color papers.  You can use Whisper White or Shimmery White CS.  Just don't overdo it with the water (which wouldn't look good, anyway).  I chose to use the water color papers here to add more texture to the card.
After embossing the Thank You onto a scrap of water color paper, I just added bits of color from the Calypso Coral ink pad, using the Aqua Painter.  The top, embossed layer of the card is covered with a gorgeous shimmer spritz.  I used a mixture of White Frost Shimmer Paint and alcohol, in a spritzer.  I got the paint from our Clearance Rack.
Lining the envelope just adds the final touch of elegance.  I really like how it all turned out.  I've enjoyed a lot of extra time in my studio this week and have really been having fun working on all kinds of projects.  Be sure to keep coming back to see what I'm up to next.

- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world.
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...