Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Styles of Scrapbooking... Bare Basics and Project Life

Today, let's look at 2 more ways I've chosen to highlight as popular ways to scrapbook.  They kind of go together, as one could easily lead to the other.  These styles are quicker and easier to do and usually take less materials to create --- 2 selling points for those with minimal time to scrapbook.

8.
bare basics scrapbooking
--- This method involves basically popping photos into an album and writing a few labels or comments.  It's not fancy, but it does keep you up-to-date with your photos.  I used to scrapbook like this when my children were little.  I wrote just enough to keep the memories of my photos in mind.  I hadn't really seen any scrapbooking on a more involved level and probably wouldn't have had time to do more then, anyway.  If this method appeals to you, you might especially like to look into Project Life and do it in a minimal style.  

Here's an example of a simpler layout.  Your photos should be the star... always.  This layout does have some embellishments, but I've kept it very minimal.  These photos are so darling that I didn't want to do anything to take away from them.
You can even do a bare basics type of scrapbooking with vintage style layouts.
9.
Project Life (NEW to Stampin' Up!!!)
--- using a system of divided/pocket pages, designer cards and embellishments to showcase your photos in a quick and stylish way.  This system was designed by Becky Higgins, who is now partnering with Stampin' Up! to offer products that are exclusive to Stampin' Up! and, thus, coordinating with many of our other products.  Becky designed this system to make the process quicker and super fun at the same time.  This has been around a while, but I'm just now trying it because of our new partnership between Stampin' Up! and Becky Higgins.  It is fun!!!  

As you can see from my photo, I'm just now getting into this style of scrapbooking.  I'll be sharing more layouts as I complete them.
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...