Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Styles of Scrapbooking, Using Kits

There are many ways to scrapbook and there are new ways coming out, as well.  How do you decide what to do?  I think it's a matter of deciding what you enjoy doing the best and deciding what method you think does the best to showcase and preserve your memories.  Choose the method that you most enjoy doing and your work will be that much more creative.

Let's take a look at some of the most popular types of scrapbooking.  I've come up with 10 different popular types so far, so we'll look at one method of scrapbooking each day.  Many of my photos were taken before I added my photos to the layouts.  You'll see a few here and there that were taken with the photos, so you get to see it both ways.

1.
scrapbooking using kits
--- adding your own touches with it or just using what comes in the kit.  I've used kits to highlight a Christmas memory or to showcase a vacation to a location that is so different from where I live that I may need different embellishments and papers than what I'd typically use... such as going to the beach... I live on the Prairie:)  

This first layout is from our kit that was designed specifically for making a Christmas page for 2011.
This Halloween layout is from our kit designed for Halloween treat bags.  I added punched squares with a button on each, a snippet of ribbon and a spider web embossed banner piece.  There is a teeny, tiny bit of stamping on it.
This layout was made using some of our 'Tag A Bag' tag pieces.
This last layout is from various bits and pieces from one of our old Simply Scrappin' kits.
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...