Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Styles of Scrapbooking, My Early Albums

Today, I'll share how I first started scrapbooking.  I'm sure you had albums similar to these and didn't even think of yourself as a scrapbooker.  I didn't either.  My work just rather evolved into what I do now... slowly, over time and as my life experiences took place through the years.

I started out making albums for my children.  I didn't consider them to really be scrapbook albums.  I just thought they were photo albums, but I started doing some journaling and thus, they became very simple scrapbooks.

Here are 2 of the first albums I made for my daughter when she was a baby.  They're just super simple with photos, memorabilia and bits of journaling here and there.

In addition to photos, I added artwork from her daycare and a few special cards.  The journaling is just written with an ink pen on the side of a page.  Geez!  I do so much more now:)
Then, when our first grandchild, came along, I made brag books.
When I made these little mini albums is when I first started playing with adding embellishments and stepping them up from just being photo books.

These were so much fun.  I realized I was becoming hooked.  I didn't have any interest in creating 12 X 12" (serious scrapbooking) albums until I starting making these little brag books.  I realized right away that I needed larger pages, to add more embellishments and places for journaling.  I wanted to preserve the memories... and that, dear friends, is what scrapbooking should be about doing.  You not only preserve and share the memories, but you relive them again while you're working on them and each time you reopen that album.
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...