Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Burlap Leaves

In my previous post, I promised to share more Fall leaf projects with you.  While I had out my leaf framelits, I decided to try something new... cutting burlap ribbon.  I loved it!
Here's how I did it:
1.  Coat burlap ribbon with Mod Podge.
2.  Let dry completely.
3.  Turn over and coat other side.
4.  Let dry completely.
5.  Cut out leaves with leaf framelits.
NOTE:
You will need 1 or 2 shims to help cut through the burlap.
Cut off any needed edges with snips.
The stamping is done by inking with VersaMark ink, then Cajun Craze ink, and then heat embossing with clear EP.
I only used 1 leaf on this card because I didn't want to take away from the simple, yet elegant stamp.  It is highlighted by sponging, using lighter colors as you get to the center.
I used gold ink to stamp the inside of the card and the envelope.
Now, that's not all I have to show you, so be sure to come back for more creative projects for Fall... and more!

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...