Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Coloring Techniques, Part 3

We had a great Scraps and Prayers class last night.  I'll post our project soon.  Now I'm ready to get on with some more coloring!  Today's technique is so easy and fun to do that you're going to start looking for more ways to use this technique.  It works well with an outline stamp, such as our Kind Koala stamp.
Using one of the stamps from Work of Art, I 'colored in' the koala.  Using a second stamp, I 'colored in' the flower.  This technique gives a whimsical look to your projects and it's really quick to do... so, when you're in a hurry and don't want to sacrifice cute ... try this!
Tip:
Stamp off to get a lighter color for your 'colored in' background.

Remember one of my projects from my Summer Stamping Party?


 ...  and here's another version of the card ...
For this one, I changed the color of the layer behind the Whisper White and then added a punched flower, using our Petite Petals punch.  I added a candy dot to the center of the flower.
I made an envelope for each of my cards, using one of our Tag A Bag gift bags.  If you haven't tried it yet, here's how I marked mine. 
In my next post, we'll look at creating a shadow with your stamped image.  Be sure to head on back here soon. 

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...