Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Coloring Techniques, Part 2

Today's coloring technique is creating a watercolor effect.  Therefore, you begin with watercolor paper.  I've shared a similar project to this one, using shades of coral, so I decided to go bold this time and use Bermuda Bay.  I like!

I'm finding that I go to this Too Kind stamp set a lot.  It's one of my favorites.  It's the easiest 2-step stamping you can do.  When doing 2-step stamping, always start with the more solid image first and stamp it in the lighter color of ink.  You can simply stamp off and use the same ink or start with a lighter, complimentary shade of ink.  Once that is in place, you stamp the more detailed image in the darker color.  You get instant, artistic results.

To do it as a watercolor effect, you simply wet your watercolor paper first.  How much water you use determines the effect you achieve with it.  I don't think the photo shows all the watercolor detail in my flower, but it is what it is.  I'm more of an artist than photographer.  When you try this technique, be sure to have several watercolor papers ready because you'll want to experiment with the amounts of water you use, to try getting different results.
Here's a card I made, using this technique.
I've used layers of color to pull out all the ink colors.  I stamped a coordinating envelope.  Pretty!
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...