Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Cards Using Coloring Techniques, Part 2

Today, let's look at the second of our 4 cards using coloring techniques.
This card features adding color by stamping onto a color of CS with a coordinating ink.  I love how this one turned out, using Sahara Sand.  I hadn't used this color for quite a while and find that it looks fabulous with our new Mossy Meadow.
For this card, I used Calypso Coral ink on Crisp Cantaloup CS for the flower, stamped and punched 2 of them, curled the edges and attached them offset, so you see all the petals.  I then used Mossy Meadow ink on Pear Pizzazz CS, cutting this 'flower' to make into the leaves.  The center of the flower is Crushed Curry ink on Daffodil Delight CS and, after punching, it is attached with dimensionals.  With all the punching involved, it makes this a fairly quick card, in spite of all the pretty details.  
Remember, I am featuring a different look for each envelope used with my 4 cards.  This one features adding DSP to the outside flap of the envelope, to coordinate with the card.  Notice that I've added an extra layer of Sahara Sand for the top layer of the card.  This adds so much to the elegance of a card.
Again, here are all 4 of the cards for our Friday Night Cards class.  Come back soon for my next 2 close-ups.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...