Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Some of My July Projects, Part 2

I'm home this morning, instead of at church, because my leg pain has prevented any meaningful sleep for about 3 days now.  I will think of stamping goodness and take my mind off from the pain.  Actually, it's better right now than it was all night, but I am a bit wiped out.

So, let's continue today with more of my projects that I've been making in July.  Today's post features shades of Coastal Cabana and Hello Honey with a couple of cute gift bags.

I cut off the edge of my Chevron bag to create a clean edge, folded it over, and tucked a folded doily (spritzed with Coastal Cabana reinker/alcohol mixture) beneath the flap.  I wrapped Baker's Twine around the folded over edge and tied a pretty bow.  The lucky recipient can just slip off the Baker's Twine to open it and not have to tear into the bag.
Are you wondering how I made the flower?  I kind of made it up as I went along:)  I punched about 6-8 layers of Crushed Curry, using our Blossom Flower Punch.  Then, I got out my new Fringe Scissors and, while constantly turning each flower around, I started cutting slits into it, cutting each punched flower 1 layer at a time.  Then, I stacked them all up, pierced a hole through the centers, and attached it all with a brad.  It starts looking cool when you fluff the daylights out of it.  Because the center shows a bit, I used one of our smaller Antique Brads in the center.  Wouldn't this make a great little gift for someone, with a treat or small something inside?
I used my Blendabilities to color the cotton ribbon, creating an ombre effect.  I spritzed the bag, using my reinker/alcohol (Coastal Cabana) mixture.  Wondering about that crazy little flower?  I punched 3 Coastal Cabana flowers with our Pansy Punch.  I folded each one and attached each flower, back to back with just a section of another flower, until all 3 were attached.  Once it dried (used Liquid Tombow to hold them together) I scrunched it a lot, opened it up, scrunched it a bit more, opened it up and 'arranged' it the way I wanted it to look.
... and here is your sneak peek for my next couple of posts where I'll continue to share more details on each project.
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...