Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

More Filter Paper Flowers

Welcome back to another post on playing with our filter papers.  The more I work with them, the more I love them!  In today's post (and my next post), we'll be making more flowers.  I've made filter paper flowers for a long time now... ever since we've had our Floral Frames Framelits and our filter paper.  It's always fun. 

If you need a review of the process, click here.

Here are my filter paper flowers.  These are cut with the next to the largest of our floral framelits and then spritzed with reinker/alcohol mixture.  For added depth of color, I gently brushed an ink pad over each to darken the tips of the petals and then spritzed it all again with shimmer.  I think they're beautiful.  There are so many ways to make beautiful flowers but this is one of the easiest of all and a ton of fun.
Remember, here's how they were cut:
You can use the largest or the next to the largest framelit for this shape of flower.  You will notice that you have 3 other flower shapes that you could use for a slightly different flower.  Try each one and see which size you like the best.
Tip:
To get a perfect center for your brad, fold your scrap piece in half both ways (I marked mine so you can see it better.) and lay your flower back into the negative part of your scrap.  You can easily see where your center is going to be now.  I've used the next to the largest framelit.  I think it makes a great size for a flower.
Remember, you can use filter paper with punches to make your flowers, too.
Click here to review some I've made in the past.
Come back again soon to see more filter paper flowers.  In my next post, I'll share an entire bouquet with you. 

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...