Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

How to Make Your Own Beautiful Bouquet... and It's Allergen Free

Do you love flowers but your allergies go nuts around them?  I have good news for you!  Today, I have an entire bouquet of flowers and it's all allergen free!  I've used our new In Colors to create them.  They are made with our filter papers.  Take a look!
Aren't they pretty?  I put one of my vintage finds to use and placed my flowers in this gorgeous blue, vintage pitcher.  I got it for a super bargain price because there's a tiny chip in the back.  I knew I could still enjoy using it and just not place this one where you could see the back.  Sometimes, a beautiful bouquet can be nestled into a corner and look gorgeous.
I used the clear floral filler 'marbles' in my vase to help the flowers to stand up.  I used my handy dandy wire cutters to trim the stems to the right length.
I used the next to the smallest framelit to cut a double layer backing for the flower and give a way to attach the stem.  I found these wrapped floral wires at my fabric store and really like them.  I used my bone folder to help me fold a right angle at one end of the wire (They're sturdy!) and then attached it between the flower and the green backing piece.  I spritzed these to get the green.  I think, next time, I may just use CS for this piece.

Remember, here's how the flowers were cut:
You can use the largest or the next to the largest framelit for this shape of flower.  You will notice that you have 3 other flower shapes that you could use for a slightly different flower.  Try each one and see which size you like the best.
Tip:
To get a perfect center for your brad, fold your scrap piece in half both ways (I marked mine so you can see it better.) and lay your flower back into the negative part of your scrap.  You can easily see where your center is going to be now.  I've used the next to the largest framelit.  I think it makes a great size for a flower.
So grab your filter paper and give these flowers a try.  What a wonderful boost of color they bring into your home!
 Here's how to make them:
1.  Using all 8 circles from a package of our filter paper, cut floral shape using the next to the largest of our Floral Framelits dies.  You can cut them all at once, because the filter paper is so thin.  (You could also fold over the long papers from the package and cut all 8 of those layers.)
2.  Lay floral shape onto a piercing mat and pierce a hole through the center.  Attach a small brad to hold them together.
3.  Carefully separate just the top layer.  Pull and pinch it together until it's standing straight up.
4.  Carefully separate the next layer.  Pull it up and pinch it together around the first layer and continue doing this until all 8 layers have been pulled and pinched together.
5.  Fluff out your flower until it looks the way you want it.  Leave it white or spritz it with reinker/alcohol mixture and let dry.
6.  Cut a couple of layers of filter paper using the next to the smallest of our Floral Framelits dies.  Spritz this with Mossy Meadow reinker/alcohol mixture.  Let dry.
7.  Punch small hole in the center of this floral shape.
8.  Bend one end of a floral stem, insert into floral shape and hold in place with Liquid Tombow.  Attach this to the back of your gorgeous flower and now you have a stem for your flower.  (Trim ends of floral stems as needed, to fit into your bouquet.
OPTIONAL:
1.  Gently swipe an ink pad (same color as your flower) over the ends of the petals to add depth of color.  Be careful not to damage the ink pad.
2.  Spritz again with a shimmer mixture.  (Vanilla Smooch/Alcohol mixture)

Click here to see a review of the process.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...