Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Dip, Dye, Emboss, Spritz and Glitz, Part 2

We've been having such a busy summer this year.  After Bill's accident, I have worked on learning a new way to try to keep organized and still get everything done that I need to do.  It works... most of the time.  I'm thoroughly enjoying my time with the boys.  They are a constant delight.  Let's hope I can keep Bill feeling better so things continue to look up a bit for us!  The accident was a bit of a wake-up call to us that we'd slipped way too far from what we should have been eating.  I've been dedicated to changing that... for both of us.  Because of it, I'm feeling better, have more energy... and have lost 10 pounds!!!  Gotta love that!

I'm thrilled to say that I've actually been able to work in my studio a few minutes each day this week and then, after dinner last night, I worked the entire evening until bedtime in my studio.  It was glorious!  I'm big into working on all things spritzed, dipped or dyed right now, so I am kind of going around with greenish, blueish, yellowish, orangeish, pinkish hands... hee, hee, hee.  That's the life of an artist... and I love it.

Now... back to my little series I started sharing with you in my last post.  Let's take a look at the next 3 pages from my techniques album.

Page 2:
Ombre technique, using Blendabilities markers, then spritzing with shimmer.  This gives a graduated dark to light shading of color on the ribbon.  (Tag is just for display.  It was spritzed.)
Page 3:
Ribbons are colored with an Aqua Painter dipped into a reinker/water mixture.  The cotton ribbon takes much more time and effort to color, because it doesn't take the color very fast.  There is a type of coating over the ribbon.  It is pretty and, I think, worth the effort.
Page 4:
Dipping Technique:  
1st ribbon:    
  Dip into reinker/water mixture.
2nd ribbon:   
  Dip a little longer into the same mixture.
3rd ribbon:   
  Leave in same mixture for 5-10 minutes. 
Thanks for stopping by!  Come back soon for part 3, as our series continues.  Have a great day. 

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...