Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

More On Framelits and Thinlits Storage AND Updated July Class Schedule

I've had a lot of questions and feedback from many, various sources on how I created my storage system for my Thinlits and Framelits.  Today, I thought I'd add a little more about it.  It sounds like a lot of you are working on creating your own system.  Wonderful!
The questions were all about how I had made the dividers.  
So, here's what I did:
1.  Cut CS ( I used black.) to 6 X 7 1/2" pieces.
2.  Cut DSP to 6 X 6 3/4" pieces.
3.  Create file tabs using the Envelope Punch Board.
4.  Attach DSP to black CS.
5.  Type and print labels on computer.
6.  Punch out labels with Scallop Oval Punch.
7.  Attach labels to divider cards and you're all ready to set up your file.
Tip:
Make extra dividers to have on hand for when new products come out from Stampin' Up!
Here's a link to my original post on my storage system. 

http://nannastamps.blogspot.com/2014/02/oh-yes-i-did.html


Remember, it all started out with a rugged sewing machine drawer.
Tip:
If you are looking for a vintage sewing machine drawer, you need an extra long one if you want to accommodate 2 rows of cards like I did. Some drawers are not this long.
My magnetic cards came from Stamp-N-Storage.
So, if you haven't started your storage system yet, you have no reason at all not to get started.  If you don't have a vintage sewing machine drawer, get one of the boxes from Stamp-N-Storage or look for some other type of container that will be fun and work as the correct size.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...