Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Huge Spring Wreath

Today, I have a huge wreath to share with you.  Using flowers from our Burlap and Blooms Simply Created Wreath Kit, I created a wreath to go above our fireplace mantel.

I started with a large grapevine wreath, wrapped burlap ribbon around it, along with some wired beads.  I love the rustic look of the wired beads.  This wreath had a lot of extra twiggy pieces on it and I loved that, too.
There are butterfly accents, as well, and a couple of little loops of jute accents.   I also added a few extra flowers that were punched and/or die cut, as well as some extra sprigs of burlap ribbon and finished it all with a burlap bow with long streamers hanging down the side of the wreath.  With a project like this one, I ended up making it, hanging it up, taking it down and adding a bit more this and that, and repeating this process a few times.  It was worth it in the end.  I love how it turned out.
I took it outside to photograph it in good lighting.  It looks wonderful above the mantel.  Here are some close-ups of the flowers and butterflies.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my huge wreath and that maybe it will inspire you to try one yourself.  It was a lot of fun to make it.  Come back soon and I'll share how all the living room decor came together for Spring. 
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...