Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Studio Decor, Part 1

Hopefully, you've seen and enjoyed my series on Organizing Your Crafting Space.  For my next two posts, I'd like to share some of my favorite decor items in my studio with you.  Use these ideas to inspire you to spruce up or completely redo your own space.  Your goal:  to enjoy working in your space and to work well in it.

I love adding old, vintage elements to my decor.  The typewriter was a great find!

The larger, more grungy attache case was my father's.  He used it to carry his music to his piano lessons, even into his eighty's.  He lived to be 89 by always giving to others and doing things he loved.  I plan to make some vintage-looking tags for my cases.  The giant lock is an old railroad lock.

This old, divided box is a super favorite.  It was given to me by a friend.  You know how much I love old boxes!

I like to add my own creations to my decor, such as this banner.

I always try to have something new and fresh ... and fun ... as a part of my decor.

I found this grungy, old colander at an antique store.  I just love it!  The doily was made by my grandmother.  You may have noticed that I love to collect old spools.  One lady at an antique store said:  "So, you're a spooler!"  I didn't know there was such a term.

I also add functional items into my decor, such as this display board.  Half is a bulletin board covered with SU fabric and half is a magnetic board covered with DSP.  I made the little banner with punches and sizzlits and the paper flowers were made with a punch.  The vase of flowers is from a kit and displayed in a favorite old, vintage pitcher. (barely showing, at the bottom of the photo)

Last, but not least, for today... some fun flowers with left-overs from our Heartfelt Banner kit, some ribbon scraps, and some punched pieces.
What is my point in showing you this decor?  I want to be sure you're aware of how much of an influence your surroundings have on your creativity.  Surround yourself with fun and functional decor that makes you feel happy in your work space.  Nothing that I've shown you takes up my actual work space.  It surrounds my work space and keeps it fun to be there.  If you have a small space, just pick one special something that will bring a smile while you work.  You'll love it!

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...