Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sharing Back, Part 2

Today's post is brought to you with the help of my friend, Sue Scheets, AKA, Sushi.  She is a fellow demonstrator and I love her to pieces.  She is creative, fun, successful and a hoot to hang with at Convention.  I want to share with you some of the cards she's sent to me in the past.  Remember, as I said in yesterday's post...
Never underestimate the power of sending/sharing a hand made card with someone.  It sends so much love and caring. 

Here are Sue's wonderful cards:
To me, Sue is a master of using her tools and using them well.  If you study the cards closely, you will see that she's used punches, framelits, embossing folders and DSP and used them well.  Aren't they pretty?

I hope you read yesterday's post where I shared a comment that, sadly, I've heard frequently about people being afraid to send me a hand made card because they thought theirs weren't good enough.  Maybe you think you cannot make cards as well as Sue or Laura or me.

Well, then you've missed the point.  If you care to make it yourself, then your cards are good enough ... because they come from you.  Yours don't have to be as fancy or involved as ours.

Try this:
- Start with a simple design.
- You can even use a template as a guide.
- Use a little paper, if you like, or just use CS.
- Use colors and stamps that YOU like.
- If you like it, you'll do a better job with your creating.
- It's impossible to try to guess what someone else will like.
- Make it yours and others will like it, I'm sure.

Need more help?
- Get out your catalog and try copying one of the samples you see.
- Scroll through some of my previous posts.
- Find a card you like and try copying it.
- You can change colors and stamps any time you'd like.
- Have fun with it.  You'll do a better job.

Now, get out there and get stamping... then go SHARE by sending it to someone to show you CARE.

Thanks, Sushi and Laura...
for sharing your talents and for your inspiration to others and to me as a demonstrator.  Love ya both!!!

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...