Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Organizing Your Crafting Space... Where to Start

Now that you've read and digested my 2 posts on Organizing Your Crafting Space, you may be wanting to get started but wondering HOW to get started working on your own.  Today, I'll share some helpful tips on doing just that.  I'd love it if you'd leave a comment and let me know if any of this has been helpful to you OR you may have an idea or two of your own that you would like to share with me and all my readers.

Before I share my ideas, here are some photos of ways to display your business cards.  If you do not have or with to use business cards, you could maybe use them for something else.  The flower frog would certainly hold a card.  Sometimes displaying a card is all you need to get your creative juices going.

Have you figured out what this item is yet?  It's a vintage pipe holder!  My daughter and I were antiquing one day and she noticed this and suggested it would be a fun and unique way for me to display my business cards.  I love it!
... and now, my tips for getting started...

-  Make a plan.
   Take stock of what you already have.
   Look at your space, your supplies... everything.
   Think about how and where you work best.
   Get out a journal or note pad and start making notes on what you would like to do.
-  Keep it fun AND functional.
   Hunt around for unique containers to use to hold craft supplies.
   Having fun ways to contain your supplies can actually inspire your creativity. 
-  Always have something highly visible that can spark your creativity.
   Sometimes, just looking at my displays gets me going on my next project.
   You can use an inspiration board (small or large bulletin board) to pin up ideas.
   If you just don't have a place for an inspiration board, keep a journal handy.
   Decorate your journal to add to feeling good about your creative space.
-  Decide how big you really want to go.  
   'Go big or go home' may not always be the best plan. 
   Sometimes, I get out everything and basically start at square 1.
   Usually, I only tweak small areas... like just a drawer or two.
-  Don't stress over what you do not have for your space.
   Use what you have.  You can dream, but be realistic.
   When I started big into stamping, I worked from a tiny, rolling kitchen card.
   Later, I moved to a very small nursery-sized bedroom.  
   I was still happy because I was still creating.
   Having my huge studio now is totally a dream come true.
   It took over 30 years for me to get it.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...