Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Big Day, Big Party, Ending With a Twist

Saturday was a wonderful day.  We helped Olive Jane celebrate her 3rd birthday.  Where did the time go?  With her Very Hungry Caterpillar party theme, we had a wonderful cake and super fun decorations.  Olive Jane charmed everyone, got lots of presents and we all had a great time.  We went to Lincoln first to get Bill's mom and then took her home afterward.

I've been officially without any crutches at all for at least a couple of weeks now, maybe a little longer.  After such a wonderful day and great visit with my MIL, I twisted my knee as I was getting back into the car to come home.  I've spent my time ever since with ice packs and an elevated knee.  Yes, it just had to be the one on which I'd had my surgery.  Geez!!!  I am back on crutches now but, hopefully, not for long.  Putting it up and icing it really does help.

Here are some shots from the party.

Yes, Jen, my DIL made the cake.  She is amazing!!!
... birthday girl, with Aunt Jenn (my daughter)...   page designed by Jenn...
... theme, thanks to Eric Carle...
... all our projects...
... yummy cake...  Note that this photo is in black and white.  For added drama, always try a black and white photo.  There's just something about it that brings out the beautiful features of a child... or anyone:)  I think it also helps to make distractions in the background just kind of go away.  Nice!
... and a sleepy girl at the end of it all...


... and a quick MDS page I made...
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...